BCP was founded on the belief that as children are empowered to realize their potential, they will enrich their villages and contribute to the world we all share. By providing opportunities for education, we are giving children the chance for a better tomorrow, while lightening the burdens of today.
We are acutely conscious of Bali’s unique cultural heritage, and the need to safeguard it from questionable outside influences that accompany mass tourism. BCP programs are designed to integrate the demands of economic progress with the island’s traditional values.
From simple beginnings, the Bali Children’s Project has slowly but surely grown in stature and influence. Today, among our many programs we:
- Support a growing number of children (currently over 200), enabling them to stay in school and finish their education.
- Have created a dozen village preschools and kindergartens (with plans for more).
- Support Balinese traditional music and dance., including the creation of two children’s gamelan orchestras.
- Run a flourishing volunteer program that includes English language classes, computer aptitude and teacher training.
- Administer a micro-investment scheme for impoverished families.
- Run health initiatives that include sex education and HIV/AIDS awareness.
- Are in the process of establishing a workshop for artists with disabilities.
We are profoundly grateful to the many individuals and organisations that have made all this possible.
We hope you share our excitement, and our vision of a more just and equitable society, in which children can look forward to a rich and fulfilling life. Only with your continued compassion and generosity can we succeed in this life-changing work.